"Shout Outs" for November 2017
We encourage all employees to give a “Shout Out” whenever they see a co-worker going above and beyond, or making an extra effort regarding customer service, teamwork, positive attitude, creativity, extra effort, superior performance, etc. It’s an easy way to recognize fellow co-workers whose efforts may go unnoticed and help build employee morale by providing legitimate positive feedback to each other.
This month’s six winners are:
- Damaris Miranda & Wendi Jackson (Building & Enforcement Services & City Manager’s Office) – For “Excellent work coordinating, scheduling and making our Solid Waste Public Forum a great success.” Submitted by Dale Baker.
- Karissa Green (City Clerk’s Office) – For “Karissa received a phone call from a resident (Mr. Bruckbauer) who was complaining that he had called several times regarding his debris pick-up not being removed. He stated every time he calls he is transferred to a voicemail where he leaves a message but, nobody ever returns his call. Karissa assured him she would not transfer him to a voicemail but, would try to get a member of staff on the phone before transferring his call to them. Karissa made several attempts going through the phone list to try and find a staff person to handle his request but, never had anyone pick-up the phone. Karissa then told Mr. Bruckbauer that she would take his information and forward it to the appropriate staff to be handled. Karissa took down the information which she
then forwarded to several staff for handling. Mr. Bruckbauer called again but, this time to praise Karissa for all her help and thanked the City for picking up his debris. Karissa went above and beyond in the way she took the time to handle this resident’s concerns and took a situation where a resident was upset and turned it around.” Submitted by Joyce Raftery.
- Bridgette Lodwig (Water Department) – For “Going above and beyond with every customer interaction. You continuously make sure the customers are provided with all the information needed to resolve their issue in a timely manner and even taking the time to follow with customers as needed. In the words of the customer, ‘I was very pleased with the courteousness and promptness your representative displayed in this incident’. Great job Bridgette!!!” Submitted by William Jerelds. He would also like to give a “Shout Out” to Andrew Arroyo.
- Johnny Huddlestun & Mike Ethier (Public Works) – For “Helping us produce our station logo stickers and placing them on our apparatus. You certainly helped make the process as painless as possible and we just want to say, ‘Thanks!’.” Submitted by The Entire Fire Department. The Fire Department would also like to give a “Shout Out” to Luis Irizarry and Jonathan Raby.
Congratulations to all of the winners!
We would also like to recognize the other employees who received Shout Outs this month:
- Sherri Campbell (Planning & Development Services) – For “Creating posters for three Community Development events in the month of October. It was a lot of work and she did not complain when we kept coming back for more. She truly earned her salary. Thanks always Sherri.” Submitted by Angelia Briggs.
- Mike Boney (IT Department) – For “All his help with setting up the work station at my desk, securing all the cords that were loose underneath; assisting me with some heavy lifting, making sure my space was functional and helping to get my space set up. Thank you for all your help! Much appreciated.” Submitted by Marlene Brown.
- Emma Santiago (Fire Department) – For “Always being at the top of her game. She really helped our practical promotional examinations by taking such good care of our out of town guests and making sure they had what they needed.” Submitted by Chief Debose and Chief Swisher.