|To request copies of public records of the City of Deltona, contact the Deltona City Clerk’s Office at (386) 878-8100 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On March 8, 1999, the Deltona City Commission, in accordance with Florida Statutes, Chapter 119, adopted the following policy regarding requests for public records of the City. (Revised 9-04-07, 5-19-10).
It is the policy of the City of Deltona that all municipal records, with the exception of exempted records shall be open for personal inspection by any person.
“Public records” means all documents, papers, letters, maps, books, tapes, photographs, films, sound recordings, data processing software, or other material, regardless of the physical form, characteristics, or means of transmission, made or received pursuant to law or ordinance or in connection with the transaction of official business by any agency. (F.S., §119.011(11) This includes materials made or received by the City in connection with official business which are used to perpetuate, communicate or formulate knowledge.
For the purpose of this policy, “reasonable” time to provide access to public records is during normal working hours – Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. The City will within a reasonable time make every effort to respond fully to all public records requests.
Upon request, the City will furnish copies of public records based on the following fee schedule:
- Single-sided copies, up to 8 ½” x 14” - $0.15 each
- Double-sided copies, up to 8 ½” x 14” - $0.20 each
- Single-sided and double-sided copies up to 11" x 17" - $0.20 each
- Certified copy of a public record - $ 1.00 in addition to actual copy cost
- Duplicate audio tape (citizen provided tape) - No charge unless extensive staff time required.
- Staff time in excess of fifteen (15) minutes - Hourly rate of staff compiling request.
- Additional charges will be added to cover the cost of postage and packaging as necessary.
- Maps/blueprints/larger size copies; duplicate audio tape (cassette); CD of electronic or audio public records; DVD of electronic or audio public records; reprints of color photographs up to 5" x 7"; and larger size color photographs is based on actual cost of duplication. Code of Ordinances with or without tabs, Zoning Code, Land Development Code, or the Comprehensive Plan are available on-line or for purchase directly from Municipal Code at www.municode.com.
Note: Additional charges will be added to cover the cost of postage and packaging as necessary.
Florida Statutes, § 119.07(1)(d) provides “(i)f the nature or volume of public records requested to be inspected or copied pursuant to this subsection is such as to require extensive use of information technology resources or extensive clerical or supervisory assistance by personnel of the agency involved, or both, the agency may charge, in addition to the actual cost of duplication, a special service charge, which shall be reasonable and shall be based on the cost incurred for such extensive use of information technology resources or the labor cost of the personnel providing the service that is actually incurred by the agency or attributable to the agency for the clerical and supervisory assistance required, or both.”
For the purpose of this policy, “extensive clerical or supervisory assistance” is determined to be requests that require more than 15 minutes of time required, using information technology, resources, or clerical labor to locate records, review confidential material, remove confidential material, or copy and re-file the requested material. For public records requests requiring more than fifteen (15) minutes, the requestor will be required to pay the hourly salary of the employee doing the research, copying the records and/or supervising the requestor’s research. This hourly fee will begin after the first fifteen (15) minutes of clerical or supervisory assistance is completed. For requests estimated to require more than one hour of a City employee’s time, a minimum deposit of half the
estimated fee will be required. The deposit will be applied to the final cost of the public records request.
Cash, personal check on a local bank, money order, or certified check shall be paid prior to the delivery of the materials. Any check, money order, or certified check shall be made payable to “City of Deltona”.