Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.

Animal Control Division FAQs
How do I get a City license tag for my pet?

Residents can apply for their animal tags and have them mailed to them directly! Print the Animal Tag Application, fill out, and return along with a copy of a current Rabies certificate, payment by check or money order only (made out to the City of Deltona) in the amount of $5.00 (for altered animal) or $10.00 (for unaltered animal), and a stamped returned envelope. Animal Control will process and return your receipt and animal tag by mail.

You can also obtain animal tag at the Animal Control office and at most of the local  veterinarian offices.

My pet is lost. What do I do?

All animals picked up by Animal Control are taken to one of the humane societies. You should call the Halifax Humane Society in Daytona Beach at (386) 274-4703 or Southeast Volusia Humane Society in New Smyrma Beach at (386) 428-9860.

Is there a leash law in Deltona?

Yes. City Ordinances state that animals must be on a leash, securely and humanely confined, or otherwise under control by a person physically able to control the animal. For more information on the restraint requirements, you may contact the Animal Control office at (386) 878-8701.

My neighbor’s dog barks all the time. What can I do?

Animal Control will investigate your complaint. However, we must have a signed complaint with your name, address and the address of the barking dog before Animal Control can help. 

2345 Providence Blvd., Deltona, FL 32725
Phone: (386) 878-8100 Fax: (386) 878-8501
Employee Webmail